Its time for the Friday 5 don da da daaaa (this is how the trumpet sound sounds in my head just go with it). I feel like talking about food and so I will. Todays five are tips and tricks that make me happy in the kitchen and a gluten-free pizza recipe 🙂
- First Know what you’re doing. Have a plan so you don’t have to think about it. I can’t tell you how happy that makes me! Need help with a plan? Here is my menu plan/ shopping list.
- make your self some thing nice to drink before you start making your meal for you family. I prefer tea though a glass of wine or beer or even water are all nice things.
- next fill sink with hot and soapy water. I didn’t learn this trick till I was an adult but it was a light bulb moment. As I dirty things I toss them in the sink of water. At the end of cooking when I am usually waiting 15 min for whatever it is to cook, I take that time put the now rinsed items in the dishwasher and clean the kitchen. by the time we sit down to eat dinner most of the clean up work is done!
- I am not what you call a good multi-tasker. There for I sometimes get distracted in the middle of adding my ingredients and I can’t remember what went in already. For that reason (and I got this from a Nora Roberts Novel of all places!) I march my ingredients across the counter with my bowl in the middle. things on the left still need to go in. Things on the right already went in.
- Last but not least I love this pizza Of course I found it on Pinterest. You can get the recipe here. Even if you don’t do the Gluten free thing maybe your on a low carb diet this would work for you too or if you just like yummy food. The crust is made from cauliflower I know sounds crazy but it was good. Really good and it really made me happy.