There are a lot of sayings that go something like “if you’re not grateful for what you have got you will never be grateful for what you get”
On one hand this seems silly, but of course I would be grateful for a huge house or more whatever it is you think you need more of. On the other hand it makes perfect sense that if you are not grateful for what you have now it simply means you are not paying attention.
This may or may not seem to have anything to do with paganism but it is deeply ingrained in my practice. It is something that I practice daily and at times in my life when I have been most destitute I would make myself list 3 things I was thankful for, grateful for every 5 minuets. If you do not have gratitude, you have nothing. You have no joy.
And so Friday 5
- I am grateful that I get to snuggle with my daughter
- I am grateful that I live in a town that I feel comfortable being out as a witch.
- I am grateful for the wonderful people who have been brought into my life.
- I am grateful even for the ones that have caused me grief and pain for they helped me grow
- I am grateful to have a home with a garden.
What are you grateful for today?