The weather was cold and grey today which paired nicely with my Wednesday soup for dinner night day. I also got several leeks in my CSA box and so Potato leek soup it was.
- Cut a pound of bacon strips in thirds. (you can use other fat if you don’t want to use animal fat).
- fry on med low or low in your pan. you want as much fat out as you can get. once done put bacon on plate and put aside for others.
- slice leeks and chop potatoes while bacon is frying.
- add in leeks and fry them up first for a few moments. then add the potatoes. stir for a few moments.
- add in stock. cover the leeks and potatoes by about 2 inches and then cook on low for about an hour.
- add in maybe half a cup to a cup of milk
- take your immersion blender. (love this thing!) and blend away till it is nice and smooth. if you don’t have an immersion blender add the soup to a blender just be careful not to burn yourself.
- Serve with bacon on top and nice toasted bread.