Again I am late and it is Saturday and I didn’t get to post on Thursday either so Today’s “Friday” five will be on magic. Based on the elements and one way to use it in magic.
- Earth. Deep dark earth. I love the smell of it. It is not a coincidence that it is called “grounding”. One of the best ways to ground ones self is connecting with some ground some earth. When we circle outside I will often kick off my shoes as part of my grounding and let the excess energy flow back into the earth. If you’re not outside and nice big pot with a plant that you can shove your hands into is lovely.
- Air. incense is so easy and so effective. You can smudge or use any incense like smudge and take it room to room and cleans the air or just light it in the main “problem area” and let it waft around doing its work. A quick and easy way to change the mood in a house.
- Fire. This one seems to be visiting my life the most right now. I shared with you my candles. Which is a very easy and very effective way to work a spell. another very easy and effective is to write out a letter or spell and toss it in to the fire. If you want you can put some corresponding herb in the paper before you burn it. As an example if you are doing a spell for say protection you might want to wrap some dried Rosemary in the paper before burning it.
- Water. good for washing things away. Honestly the magic of a hot shower is well magical. I always feel better when I have had a hot shower and that is even with out magic. For me the spells I use with showers are to rid me of something. Let the water take away. Sing your version of “wash that ____ right out of my hair” or something like that. on the other end of things a good dip in a cold stream/ ocean/ river can do wonders too.
- spirit. Magic only happens with spirit and so to have strong magic you must take good care of your spirit. This can be many things to many people but do figure out what you need to do to nourish your spirit and make sure you take the time to actually do those things. For me this is eat right, sleep, and daily prayer but it might be completely different for you.