A fellow blogger bestowed on me this Fabulous Blog Award!
Thank you Velody of Treegold & Beegold! A crafty Witch with a passion for pagan parenting. I adore that the internet has allowed me chances to meet wonderful people like Velody, who lives across the country from me, but we get to share in each others lives anyway. By the way she has really cute stuff in her shop so you should check that out too. I”m getting myself the merry meet vinyl Wall decal.
I have to say I was thrilled and surprised to get this award. It made my day and made me light up. To be really honest I am still a little surprised that people I am not related to read my ramblings. It is humbling and such an honor to receive these type of awards because they come from my peers.
Rules for the Fabulous Blog Award
- 1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and share the link back to the awarding blog.
- 2. Name 5 fabulous moments in your life.
- 3. Name 5 things that you love.
- 4. Name 5 things you hate.
- 5. Pass the award to 5 deserving bloggers.
5 Fabulous Moments in My Life
- Having my daughter. Nothing has changed my life more and nothing has brought me greater joy. Not to mention all the hilarious moments since like this morning when in the car she yelled out “focus people focus” at the cars in front of us.
- The first time I read “Power of the Witch” by Lauri Cabot and I thought “there is a name for what I do? other people are like me?” it was a big moment and I can still remember it clearly despite the many years it has been since then.
- Travailing to Mexico and climbing many pyramid there in tulum, coba, and teotihuacan. breath taking oh and our trip to Jalisco were I saw people who looked like me…everywhere!
- Starting this blog. Ever since I was a very young child I dreamed of being a writer. I gave up on those dreams around 6th grade when it had been made clear to me over and over that my writing was not legible nor could anyone understand the words due to my spelling. When I started this blog I didn’t know what I was going to do but it was a step out on faith and it has brought me lots of job.
- Getting married to the Hubs. It was a wonderful and beautiful and delicious wedding. A back yard BBQ put together in 3 weeks by my friends. I did almost no planning and had a great time. Best of all we got married.
5 Things I Love
- my family. ok that’s kind of well duh but besides the obvious I come from a strong family with a long line of strong women and dangerous free thinkers. I remember when i first met my husband and I was trying to explain my mom’s side of the family. You know every five years we meet at our Chapel (it’s on the national registry of historical buildings) for our family reunion (several hundred come) oh and we have a family board. His response was “what are you like the Welsh Mob?” Of course not but we do believe in family and were pretty proud of ours.
- Cooking and eating. Thankfully I love to cook and learned how because I love to eat. I am always shocked when people confess they can’t cook. I always ask “but don’t you like food?” I like teaching people to cook and I have a lot of fun cooking with Little. Hubs is also a great cook and we love cooking together.
- Being outside. Weather it is just outside my door or at the beach or in one of our lovely state parks. It always lifts my heart. I read once in a kids book, when Little was much more little, That bodies are used to being outside and feel the simulation of the wind and sun and rain and attune with the light and dark of day and night, so when kids are inside day in day out with other stimuli like TV’s it throws their natural rhythm off. Since (sadly) I can’t get rid of the TV we compromise with spending as much time outside as we can.
- Tea at all times and unless it is over 100 degrees out (which is almost never here on the California coast) very hot. At the moment I am in my chair in the pea soup fog having my Irish breakfast tea and it is just lovely.
- The ocean and really most bodies of water. I love the quote “The cure for everything is salt water; sweat, tears or the sea” I find this profoundly true.
5 Things I Hate (I am going to go with strongly dislike. I as a rule don’t hate anything)
- the prevalence of feeling of entitlement.
- ignorance. digging in ones heels while figuratively or literally put their hands over their ears and sing “I’m not listening” is supremely annoying.
- Summer (I know ever kid in the nation just felt a shiver move down their spine) summer here brings summer people who own summer houses and think that the rules of the road are optional ( I kid you not I saw a Jag do a 3 point turn across 4 lanes of a main thoroughfare yesterday) by mid July I am always itching for Autumn.
- Not getting enough sleep. Want to see me moody and cranky? yeah sleep deprived me is not a happy camper. (I kept this from Velody’s post cuz DITTO)
5 Deserving Bloggers
- Elfkat at Adventures and Musings of a Hedgewitch and The Littlest Druid
- Ozark Pagan Mama
- Tenae at The Witch of Howling creak
- Stephanie at Petals and Sunshine
- Andrea at Frugally Sustainable
I adore all these blogs and am always interested in what they are up to. I hope you enjoy them too!